This Valentine’s Day, it’s time to fall in love with your smile. Smiling is always important—it boosts your immune system, spreads joy, and enhances your confidence! Whether you already have a Carolina Braces smile or if you’re new to braces or Invisalign®, there is no better time to put your heart and soul into caring for your smile. We’ve created a list of tips and tricks for a beautiful and healthy smile during the month of love.
- Maintain a routine: The most important step in keeping your smile healthy and attractive is maintaining a thorough oral hygiene routine every day—especially with braces or aligners. This daily maintenance of brushing and flossing helps keep plaque, bad breath, and yellowing teeth at bay while keeping your treatment streamlined.
- Be mindful of sips: Coffee, tea, alcohol, and sugary drinks often cause enamel damage as well as tooth and aligner stains. If you can’t completely ditch them from your life, rinse your mouth with water after each beverage. For soda, iced coffee, and mixed drinks, consider using a straw to limit its contact with your teeth.
- Drink water: Staying hydrated is fantastic for your whole body, including your mouth. Water reduces the acidity levels in your mouth, which can damage your teeth. Drinking water also helps to dislodge any food particles stuck in between your teeth, brackets, or other appliances.
- Whitening: A pearly white smile is the best accessory for any occasion. However, we don’t recommend whitening your teeth during treatment with braces to avoid white spots. Keep your smile bright with excellent oral hygiene, then choose whitening products or treatments after you get debanded.
- Regular checkups: Going to the dentist for regular checkups every six months helps prevent big oral health problems down the line. This is especially crucial during orthodontic treatment when there are more hard-to-reach spots in your mouth.
- Be confident: We’re sure you’ve heard the adage, “The eyes are the window to the soul,” but you might not realize your smile is the key to your confidence. The very act of smiling is proven to be a mood booster. Embrace your smile and show off those brackets or aligners!
Give your smile a boost
We hope these tips keep you smiling all February long! This Valentine’s Day, find your perfect match. Whether with braces or Invisalign, at Carolina Braces, we will help you get your dream smile. Schedule an appointment to learn all about the ways you can make your smile as vibrant as you.